During the regular academic year, the Maloney Library is open to the following individuals:
- All current Fordham University students, faculty, and staff
- Fordham University alumni
- Current students and faculty of Columbia University Law School and New York University Law School
- Individuals requesting Federal Depository materials
Access to the Maloney Library may be granted to the following individuals:
- Current students and faculty of New York City metropolitan area law schools. Such patrons should check with their respective libraries concerning access.
- Current students and faculty of NELLCO libraries. Such patrons must possess a letter of introduction from their respective libraries.
- Students and faculty of SHARES member institutions will be given a limited pass to access the collection upon presentation of a letter of introduction from their home SHARES library. For more information, please contact Juan Fernandez at firstname.lastname@example.org or 212-636-6768.
- Metro Library pass holders. Note: the Maloney Library only accepts yellow single-use Metro Library passes.
The Maloney Library restricts access during the Fordham Law School’s reading and finals period.
During such periods, the Maloney Library is open to the following individuals:
- Fordham Law School faculty, students, staff, and alumni
- Fordham University faculty and staff
- Federal Depository patrons
- Metro Card holders
- Green Letter holders
- Maloney Library ID (Blue Card) holders
- Fordham University students needing specific legal materials. Such Fordham students should complete this form for access.
The Maloney Library became a selective Federal Depository in 1987 and holds very few government documents published prior to that date. Please search the library catalog for government publications.
Non-Fordham patrons may visit the Maloney Library solely to access Federal Depository materials. To schedule a visit, please contact:
Upon arriving at the Fordham Law School, please stop at the security desk. Security will notify library staff of your arrival.