For current information, please visit our Library Services During COVID-19 webpage.
The Interlibrary Loan (ILL) Department can help you find material not owned by the Maloney Library.
- Before making a request please determine the item’s availability by following the steps below. Failure to do so will result in the cancellation of your ILL request.
- All Fordham Law School students, faculty, and staff must use the Maloney Library’s ILL system, Law ILLIAD.
- Use the Maloney Library Search to ensure that the Maloney Library does not have the material.
- Law Annex items may be requested using the Law Annex Request Form.
- Check the Fordham University Library catalog.
- For materials labelled “Quinn” or “QuinnX”, please go to the Quinn Library to check them out.
- For materials at the Rose Hill or Westchester campus libraries, please submit an ILL request using Law ILLIAD.
- If you are looking for a copy of a journal or a newspaper article, check the Maloney Library’s Journal List and the University Library’s E-Journals.
- If neither the Maloney Library nor Fordham University Library has the needed material, submit an ILL request.
- Proceed to the Law ILLIAD site.
- Click on “First Time User Registration.”
- Carefully read the information.
- Create your own username and password.
- Gather the following bibliographic information about the needed material:
- Page numbers
If you lack bibliographic information, please speak with a reference librarian.
- Proceed to Law ILLIAD and log on. If you lack a username and password, see the section above on Creating a Law ILLIAD Account.
- Place a request according to the type of material needed:
- Use “Request a Photocopy” for articles, book chapters, or any item within a larger work.
- Use “Request a Book” for all other items.
- If neither of these options seems appropriate, contact the Reference Desk at 212-636-6908 or email@example.com.