For current information, please visit our Library Services During COVID-19 webpage
The Maloney Library’s Circulation Desk is located on the 5th floor of the law school, to the left of the Reference Desk.
Patrons should consult Circulation staff for help with the following:
- Borrowing library materials
- Addressing library account issues
- Reporting problems within the library
- Assistance in locating library material
- Printing and computer issues
- Accessing electronic resources off campus
- Course Reserve items
- Microfilm/microfiche use
- Current Fordham students, faculty, and staff may borrow library material.
- Most material at the Maloney Library can be checked out for a loan period of four weeks.
- Please fill out the Law Annex Request Form to request an item located in the Law Annex.
Patrons may renew library material up to three (3) times.
Renewals may be done:
- At the Circulation Desk
- Online via MY FULLPAC
- By calling (212) 636-7820
Patrons should return all material to the circulation desk. Please do not reshelve items.
Patrons can place holds on items currently checked out to other patrons at the Circulation Desk. Placing a hold on an item prevents it from being renewed. Requesting patrons will be notified via email when the item becomes available.
Please Note: New York State law forbids the Law Library from releasing the identities of individuals who may have requested items (NY CPLR | 4509).
Fines can be paid by check or credit card. To pay by credit card, please call the Circulation Desk at (212) 636-7820 or visit the Desk during open hours.
Fines accrue for all overdue material at the following rates:
- Reserve and Course Reserve Materials: $1.00 per hour for the first ten hours; $1.50 per hour thereafter.
- Non-Reserve Material: $0.50 per day for the first ten days; $1.00 per day thereafter.
Patrons should notify the circulation staff if they cannot find an item. The circulation staff will conduct a search and notify the patron of the result.
Items will be declared lost if not returned within thirty days; reserve material will be declared lost if not returned within three days. Patrons will be charged the full replacement cost for any lost item plus an additional $50.00 processing fee.
Note: the library reports all outstanding fines and charges to the registrar at the end of the academic year. This can prevent a student’s graduation.